Programs: Individual Development
It is certainly possible to reach the top in business without ever doing personal work. Yet, we’ve all seen the tragic fall of those who have not invested in understanding themselves. It’s an illusion to think you can become a long term, stellar leader without introspection. Lasting success is built on self-awareness. Even more important for this fast paced 21st Century is learning to be pattern-aware. This means observing, understanding, and transforming behaviors that were handed to you from family and culture.
The two programs we would like you to consider are state of the art in understanding how stress can derail even the most successful executive or high potential employee from making clear and effective decisions or sabotage personal success and often the success of the organization.
The other side of the coin is giving leaders the skills to decode office politics that happen everywhere people work together. Our programs have been transformational for business leaders in corporations, family firms, startups and educational institutions. They have withstood the test of time. We are dealing with the basic constructs of human interactions that, once observable and understood keep conflict at a minimum and productivity at a maximum.
OUR FLAGSHIP PROGRAM
Total Leadership Connections™ (TLC) is a powerful four-month, four session leadership enhancement program that will change your career and your life.
Why Total Leadership Connections?
If you are a business or a world leader, extraordinary leadership begins with the understanding that YOU are an integral part of a system – a continuum of connectedness. This connectedness radiates from INNER LEADERSHIP to OUTER LEADERSHIP, finally reaching into the ultimate sphere of influence: the world at large.
Whether you are part of a large corporation, family firm, nonprofit or a start-up company, it is critical for you to understand the basic realm of how relationships work in a system, how behavior patterns intertwine, and how they can cause conflict or collaboration, depending on how they are handled at work.
July 24-26, 2013, The Visionary
September 18-20, 2013, The Explorer
November 6-8, 2013, The Integrator
December 4-6, 2013, The Realizer
PARTICIPANTS ATTEND ALL FOUR SESSIONS, THIS IS A FOUR-SESSION PROGRAM.
THE BASICS OF TLC:
- A multimedia learning forum providing rich, experiential and didactic experiences using CEO’s proprietary PatternAware™ Leadership Model.
- Through intensive personal discovery and peer to peer interaction, leaders learn to identify and address underlying patterns of behavior – in themselves and others – that impact all levels of individual, team, and organizational success
- Learning culminates in a deep knowledge of systems thinking – how everything is connected to everything else
RESULTS YOU CAN EXPECT:
- Enhance your emotional and social intelligence, a skill set needed for all 21st Century leaders
- Learn the OUT Technique: to OBSERVE, UNDERSTAND and TRANSFORM patterns to gain strategic advantage for a proven return on investment
- Master the skills to create a PatternAware™ culture of trust, collaboration, and accountability to minimize office politics and maximize innovation
- How men and women relate differently
- Ingrained patterns and emotional intelligence
- Cultural basis of leadership
- How to track generational patterns
- Requirements for 21st century leaders
HOW IT WORKS:
- There are four sessions each beginning with a reception and dinner on a Wednesday evening and concluding by 11am on Friday morning. These sessions are held at The Country Place Retreat and Conference Center in White Haven, Pa. or at other locations around the country
- Group conference calls between session provide an opportunity to debrief and reinforce learning
- Individual unlimited coaching throughout the program is included and is used to help participants practice and gain new insights
- The inclusive fee also includes a 360 Degree Leadership Assessment prior to the start of the program and also three months after the end of the program with extensive feedback
GUTSY women come from everywhere, and they all have one very important commonality –they choose to make a difference.
GUTSY gives working women what they need: time to reenergize, recalibrate, and refuel. The Friday evening through Sunday noon program addresses three core areas, “how to be the best” in self-care, self-aware, and pattern-aware.
GUTSY women learn that self-care is not selfish-care. Time is put aside to get quiet and get relaxed.
GUTSY women learn to be self- aware, when to plunge forward or stop. Time is spent with easy to follow tips on how to trust your gut and retrain your brain.
GUTSY women learn that pattern-aware means knowing everything you can about relationships, why patterns repeat and what to do about them.
RESULTS YOU CAN EXPECT:
- Reenergize – self-care to feel great and focus on your goals.
- Recalibrate – self-aware to tap into your strengths and enhance your leadership skills
- Refuel – pattern-aware so you know how to move relationships forward.
- How women got from there to here
- How YOU got from there to here
- What still needs to be done to level the playing field
GUTSY is a weekend retreat developed by Sylvia Lafair, PhD, award winning author of “Don’t Bring It to Work” and based on her 30 years of being a leader, often at a time when women were still standing behind men. She did plunge into new territory in healthcare, education, and business, learning how to partner in an equal way rather than seeing men as adversaries.
Dr. Lafair’s new book “GUTSY! How Women Leaders Make Change” includes the long view of the way women have reframed the patterns of history, or “herstory” and practical ways to be both feminine and tough, in a word, GUTSY.
Using our unique and powerful PatternAware™ Leadership wisdom and insight, GUTSY will help you transform yourself, your work, and your world from the inside out.